The ideal person for this opportunity should always display a positive attitude, and is an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, possessing strong computer skills. He/she is organized, has a good sense of humor, enjoys negotiating and building a rapport with clients and team members and is a fast learner with an ability to think quickly on multiple levels.
- All corporate accounting tasks. Including financial reporting, management reporting, financing, taxation and regulatory reporting.
- Process semi-monthly payroll and administration work, reconciliation, and financial reporting.
- Ensuring all employee data that is used for payroll purposes are complete.
- Prepare various reports and reconciliations to support payroll, and the finance team as a whole.
- Year-end tax requirements.
- Update employee records that are related to payroll.
- Prepare ROEs and various payroll reports as requested.
- Provide the management team with daily reporting.
- Process payroll journal entries and maintain reconciliation files for payroll-related accounts.
- Review commission invoices and reconcile them with payroll records.
- Work on bank/visa reconciliations.
- Help the HR and finance teams with the administration of internal reports.
- Compile financial data and maintain spreadsheets.
- Work on other projects as assigned.
- Have a postsecondary degree/diploma in accounting or a related field
- Have 0-6 months of experience in payroll or bookkeeping
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Have working knowledge of Quickbooks
- Computer knowledge